Saturday, September 26, 2009

Pogo Mountain

I've been wanting to get up Pogo Mountain for a while now. Pogo is pretty visible on the Highway out to Tofino. I organized a trip with the Alpine Club there earlier this year. On that trip it rained the whole time, and we got stuck trying to get around a bluffy section part of the way up which we couldn't make it around

Pogo from a trip I did to 50-40 Peak a couple of years ago

From the previous trip I had the access sussed out pretty well. With no snow this time, the part we got stuck on last time wasn't too bad.

Steamboat. I am heading up here next week


Upper section on Pogo. It was actually pretty fun scrambling. I stuck to the rock to avoid the bush.



On the way down, I tried to follow the actual "route" down. At one point I veered a little too far off to the side of the ride and ended up in some horrendous bushy cliffs. I was able to escape with only a minor flesh wound. The trip down took nearly 2 hours longer than going up!

No comments:

Post a Comment