Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Island Rambling Part 5: Mt. Frink and Albert Edward

Managed to sneek in another quick day in the hills. I wanted to head somewhere where I could have a few options of things to do if my Plan A didn't work out. I figured Paradise Meadows would be a good spot, and I could have a go at Mount Regan. If that didn't work, I could have a go at some of the other peaks in the area.

The hike in is great. Well marked trail, little elevation gain, no bushwacking. Above-Helen Mackenzie Lake on the way in.


Looking over to Mount Frink

Mount Regan. Originally I thought of having a look at this, but it seemed a little too committing, so I opted for Albert Edward instead.

Looking up the approach ridge on Albert Edward.

First, I headed over the plateau to Mount Frink. I had done a loop around here on skis a couple of springs ago.

View back to Albert Edward from Mount Frink.


Mount Regan from Albert Edward.

Overall a fun day. About 35km, and 13 hours later I was back at the car. I managed to sneak in a loop in through Paradise Meadows too-hopefully I can go with the kids there later in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment