Thursday, July 22, 2010

Nk'Mip, Skaha, Similkameen

Kessa is farming a piece of her dad's property this year, which means her and the kids have been heading up there a fair bit. I was able to sneak in a visit over Father's Day. My job is usually to look after the kids so Kessa can get the work done on the farm. And I get to take the kids on adventures! Fun gig.

I have been wanting to go to the Nk'Mip Desert Cultural Centre for a bit now. The area is one of the few actual desert ecosystems in Canada. There is also a strong cultural connection to the land.




Prickly Pear Cactus in bloom


On our way home we went and checked out the recent landslide near Oliver.



Spotted Lake

We got out for a family climbing adventure out in Skaha


"The Raven and the Bear"

Nemiah cranking at Daycare



Planting corn. I still don't know what we are going to do with 2000 ears of corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment